PB Radial Pretensioning Bolts (RPB)
with Mammoth™ Jackbolts
Mechanical Radial Pretensioning Bolts (RPB) are used for highest strengths bolting in all areas of industry and are especially suitable for the positive pretensioning of highly dynamic components such as flange couplings or dynamically loaded foundations. They also compensate for misalignments, eliminating the need for time-consuming machining of the flange bores. Due to the captive mounted Mammoth™ Jackbolts, RPB are best suited for highly dynamic applications such as turbine runners.
The hexalobular head (Torx®) of the Jackbolts is extremely wear-resistant and safe to handle.
- steel property class 8 according to ISO 898-2
- operational temperature from -10 to +250 °C (Note: At high temperatures, a reduction of preload will occur)
- tension at core cross section 50% RP 0.2
- maximum surface pressure on the bore is 160 N/mm2
- maximum values include all reaction loads, such as operational load, impact factors, as well as changes in pretension due to thermal load
- for blind hole applications and anchorages
- low temperature applicationsn
- tools, such as impact sockets (Torx® sockets), torque wrenches, impact wrenches
- corrosion protection
- accessories (caps, covers, plates, …)
- large dimensions
- all materials
- technical examinations and audits
Design / Requests
Each Radial Pretensioning Bolt is individually designed for the respective application. The data listed here is for information purposes. Please enquire with us using our “Enquiry sheet for couplings”.